Byron Chicken: Rebuilding
We so loved hearing this talk from Byron Chicken at our Regionals over the last two weeks.
some key notes include these key questions:
- Is there a holy discontent?
Our leadership is simply a discharge of the burden we have received from heaven
They said to me, “Things are not going well for those who returned to the province of Judah. They are in great trouble and disgrace. – Nehemiah 1:3
- Is the mission clear and compelling?
Let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem and end this disgrace! – Nehemiah 2:17
- Is the messaging concise?
- How do the walls look?
- Is there a concrete plan to build?
- Is there enough focus on team?
- Is the people’s identity formed?
- Is there a renewed devotion to scripture?
Scripture is the catalyst to a re-formed people
- Is the leader praying?
When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven. – Nehemiah 1:4
“Remember me with favour, my God” – Nehemiah 5:19
Watch the clip here: